Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Recipe: Tofu Spinach Salad

I definitely get sick of the typical green salad; tomato, cucumbers and carrots, I can only eat it so much.

I try to add in some sort of protein in my salads, to make them more filling.

I cubed 1 serving of tofu, and poured Brianna's Poppy Seed Dressing over it.
Tofu + Poppyseed dressing

For the salad; I chopped up a few handfuls of spinach and threw the tofu on top. I also top the salad with strawberries, dried cranberries and slivered almonds. I topped the whole salad with red wine vinegar.
Tofu Strawberry Salad

I love using the tofu because it is low in calories, but very protein dense, this kept me full for a few hours.

If you eat meat, you could probably use chicken, or another lean protein, instead.

If you eat dairy, feta cheese would probably be a nice addition on top.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so afraid of tofu, even though it looks so good all over the blogosphere. Maybe some day I'll be brave enough to try it. Looks good!

    ReplyDelete